scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

I have just bought a 100 series 2005 sahara landcruiser with

Customer Question

I have just bought a 100 series 2005 sahara landcruiser with the 1HD 6 turbo diesel motor.
The vehicle has 190,000km on the clock and the service history and the timing cover don't indicate the timing gear belt has been replaced.
My local mechanic has said this motor should have the belt replaced at 150,000km. He also said if the belt goes say good bye to the motor.
2 questions please.
1. What is the official Toyota requirement of when the belt should be replaced.
2. What is approximate price to have the belt changed
cheers
Mick
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

60,000 miles or 100,000 km. Price for Belt should be 1.1 hours labor charge, I do not know the going rate is for shops in your area but I would suspect labor to be at about $150 dollars US or 100 Quid, parts about another $60 dollars or 40 Quid.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you haven't accepted my answer do you require more assistance? If not please accept my answer and rat the service provided.

Thank you for using Just Answer!!

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer!!

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer!!