Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I was sitting listening to the radio with the car off 15

Customer Question
I was sitting listening to...
I was sitting listening to the radio with the car off for about 15 min. When I put in the key Bob thing and push start nothing happens. If I open the door the key alarm beeps.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/27/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

If you turn the headlights and wipers on do the wipers seem to go really slow and are the headlights dim?

They don't turn on at all unless the car is on.
A min ago when I tried again the computer screen was flashing the a Prius sign
I tried again
The radio came on but not the car
The wipers moved like sludge
And the gear screen is showing flashing blocks
And now it is off again

Based on the description that you're giving me everything indicates that the 12 V battery is below about 11 V this will cause everything in the car to go crazy. You need to get a jumpstart to the 12 V battery and see if the vehicle will ready on. 15 minutes is not long but if the battery is original it doesn't take long to kill the 12v battery. Especially if everything was lit up including the display.

the key won't come out. .but that has happened several times already.
Push the power button and the key comes out

It still sounds like a 12 V power supply issue from the 12 V battery. Firmly push the brake pedal down and push and hold the start button for about six seconds will it ready on or does the power off and allow you to remove the key fob?

Radio and screen on.
Not car.
Now flashing off and on.
Push start again and they go off.
Key locked in.
Push start quickly and key comes out
Where is 12v battery and do I treat it like a normal jump start?
Nevermind found instructions for that

Yes the 12 volt battery is located in the trunk on the right rear quarter panel area. Remove the plastic trays to expose the 12 volt battery. Also if you open the hood and the fuse block along the left side of the inner fender remove that cover inside the fuse block to go find a square red cap. If you pop that cap off and put the positive jumper cable to that and then the negative jumper cable or to any metal portion of the framework or engine that will power up the 12 volt system directly to the battery in the back it just saves you from taking everything out of the trunk. You will probably end up having to replace the battery in the back.

Hooked up.to another car battery radio and screen on but car not starting
Screen says, warning transmission P lock mechanism is abnormal. Park your car at a flat place, and apply the parking brake completely.
I have the brake on but road is not perfectly flat.
Oh and hatchback won't open
Hello?
It will go into neutral but not park or drive

If the hatch won't open and it won't ready on you don't have a good connection going back to the 12 Volt battery at that spot in the fuse block. This is still not getting 12 volts to the system. Recheck your connections to that point under the hood and make sure you have a good ground.

Skyvisions
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician