scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

My Toyota Prius 2010 is getting the P malfunction message.

Customer Question

My Toyota Prius 2010 is getting the P malfunction message. The car is halfway in the garage, and halfway out, and it won't let me move either direction. I don't think it's off. It says add parking brake, then push the P button then the off switch. But
the P button doesn't seem to work. Suggestions?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Is the vehicle running? I would assume that it is low battery voltage of the 12 volt battery. Try jumping the car or charging it. What is probably happening is it doesnt have enough voltage to place it in to the park position.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Hello I see you haven't accepted my answer, please press "Finish and Rate", to rate the service provided.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer!!

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer!!