Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My wife driving our 2008 prius and started losing power and

Customer Question

My wife driving our 2008 prius and started losing power and a red triangle came with an explanation. She pulled over the light when out and the check engine yellow light. She is not sure whether to continue driving the vehicle.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Whether it is safe to continue driving depends on what the message on the display said. The red triangle and the check engine light can come on for reasons that will not harm the vehicle if you continue driving, but they can also come on for reasons such as oil pressure loss, which can cause the gas engine to fail.

Do you have any other information about what was displayed?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Don't forget to rate (that's how we experts get paid).