Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I removed my 1997 rav4 engine. After re-installation, I

Customer Question

I removed my 1997 rav4 engine for rebuild. After re-installation, I started it and power steering fluid blew back out of the reservoir. What did I do wrong?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Randall., Thisrather odd, when you did the engine, what lines did you remove? from the rack? the pump, or did you undo pump and let hang? was pump empty? have you tried anything yet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randall. To remove the engine from the car, I had to disconnect the lines from the pump to the rack. I also disconnected vacuum lines at the pump. I left the pump in place I removed the head and associated manifolds from the engine. I did not break into the lower part of the engine. I have a wrecked similar car that i am trying to remove enough things in the way so I can see how the lines are connected but are not totally there yet.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

well, you only have the 2 lines, cant switch them so,, what all happened? you went to start and fluid blewout? how bad? was it full? have you tried anything since?