Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Door Lock Actuator handle jammed - Front Right Toyota Seanna

Customer Question
2004...
Door Lock Actuator handle jammed - Front Right Toyota Seanna 2004
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/13/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Can you clarify what you mean by the door lock actuator handle jammed this is the actual exterior handle that is stuck or broken? Or is the latch/actuator assembly stuck not allowing the door to open?

the latch/actuator assembly stuck not allowing the door to open
from inside of the vehicle

Can you get the door open by using the outside latch or door handle? Does the lock work normally? Does the lock and unlock knob does appear to move smoothly?

I can open from outside, The lock knob work smoothly .
Even remotely it works, but not the handle from inside
It seems I have to buy a new one ?

When you work the inside door handle do you feel any resistance at all or does it appear to be unusually loose compared to the left side in other words does the handle appear to be cracked or does it just move very freely and does not appear to have any resistance like the left side.

It don't move , It cracked the holder I manged to glue it back, I found out that the part to which cable is connected is not at all moving unless I press the lock assembly rod connector.
High resistance , so I spayed WD 40

It is unlikely that the cable was frozen what you're probably going to find is the pivot arm on the actuator itself is frozen. You need to remove the door panel and probably remove the actuator from inside the door in most cases spraying with WD-40 and freeing up the arm on the actuator will take care of this without having the cost of the actuator assembly itself. You obviously need to replace the unit door handle also.

I did the same but it did not made any difference.
I did it four days ago, no improvement at all. Is there any way I can open the actuator and maintenance it.

Did you remove the actuator from the door itself?

I removed and placed it back, since I was n't sure of the outcome.

The plastic covers that surround the actuator are removable. You should have complete access to this pivot that the cable attaches to to free up. As I recall there are a couple small screws that it just snaps off.

The actuator itself is very expensive I believe in the neighborhood of $300. I would take the actuator back out and continue to lube up that pivot once the covers are removed. If you have any questions if you can post a picture of the actuator I could probably zoom in on what you need to remove. I just don't have one handy to give you detailed information on.

I will try it and let you know the results.Since the vehicle is with my wife at work I can do it only by 3PM eastern. Thank you.

You are welcome.

Skyvisions
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician