AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Toyota Camry Altise 2003 model 4 cylinder - did oil change

Customer Question

Toyota Camry Altise 2003 model 4 cylinder - did oil change myself shortly afterwards noticed rattle in top end camshaft - was advised to add kerosene to the oil and let idle for an hour - seemed to fix it at first but after a few kilometres rattle returned and oil light staying on
Category: Toyota
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 2 years ago.

Hello. Was your oil pressure light on before you added the kerosene? You aren't still running it with diluted oil, are you? I would suggest changing the oil and filter again to make sure your not running your engine with oil that's thinned out. If after changing your oil with the specified oil your oil pressure light is still on, you should do an oil pressure test.

If you need further assistance please feel free to ask. If I have answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to rate me. I greatly appreciate it. You can always followup at no charge after rating