Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a problem with the driver side mirror not retracting.

Customer Question

Customer: I have a problem with the driver side mirror not retracting. Everything else works fine (up-down, in-out) but only right mirror retracts.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Driver side mirror was replaced four years ago and with less than 10 retractions quit working. Right side retracts perfectly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the motor that pulls the mirror in and pushes it back out.I have seen the motor fail as well as stripped gears for the mirror motor cause this fault with the mirror usually needing replaced again to correct this issue.This will have to be checked into further to see if for sure this is the cause here and the mirror replaced again if found to be at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.