Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

1985 Toyota motorhome, fuel injected engine, size, not

Customer Question

1985 Toyota motorhome, fuel injected engine, size, not certain, new vehicle to me so I do not know much about the history. Vehicle taken for smog test in CA and it failed. Claim was the the timing is off, and fuel system recirculation leaks and needs a "smoke test". Checked the timing for verification, and it was right on. Took the vehicle to another mechanic friend just for verification of timing, and it is OK. I think this smog station is trying to milk me. What is a smoke test and can I do it myself. This could get really expensive I perceive and the smog test failure may not have any merit. Me, the customer is at the mercy of the technician with all the equipment for this type of mandated testing.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 years ago.

Do you have a copy of the Failure info from the smog station?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes.

Can you post it here so I can review?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will locate the form for you & post.

ok