Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I just foundout that the front wheel bearing is bad in my

Customer Question
2010 4runner, could it be...
I just foundout that the front wheel bearing is bad in my 2010 4runner, could it be the cause of the break failure and the abs indicator light, and sleep light coming and the 4weel light?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/9/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

This would have nothing to do with the ABS or wheel speed sensor problem. More than likely if anything the wheel bearing failed and could damage this sensor and speed ring. Wheel bearing failures on this particular model on the front are fairly common unfortunately. The bearing is a bit of a pain in the neck to do if you don't have a press and the proper special service tools. Most shops will charge you about three hours labor times your local labor rate to replace. The other warning lights come on because of the ABS sensor codes being set.

the codes needs to be set??

If the ABS light is on and the four drive low and traction control lights are on this is normally caused by a malfunction in the speed sensor. At this point I assume that you already had the code numbers that would be set in the computer. If you have those code numbers I can look up some more information on the specific wheel or problem.

No i dont have the codes... How do i gt them?

Click the attached link use a small piece of speaker wire or a small paper clip being careful not to damage the female pins, the diagnostic check connector port under the left side of the instrument panel this is where the scan tool would normally plug into it. Jumper these two wires as indicated and then turn the key to the on position and monitor the flash pattern of the ABS light. There will be a lot of lights flashing but focus on the ABS light. If there is a code 33 for example it will flash three times a slight pause than three more flashes. If there are additional codes they will follow in a two digit format. Then redo the same test by removing the jumper wire reinstall the jumper wire and monitor the vehicles skid control light or VSC light see if there any codes in that subsystem also it will flash the same way. Post the code numbers back here.

I dont have a scanner

You do not need a scanner I was just saying the port that you need to put the jumper wire in or the terminals in that port is the same as where you would plug a scanner into. This is on the left side of the instrument panel underneath.

I dont understand

There is a port underneath the left side of the instrument panel exactly like the illustration that I attached. You take a small piece of jumper wire and inserted into the two pins as seen in the illustration. Disregard the information about the scan tool I was just telling you that the port is the same.

I submitted an additional offer which allows us to discuss this via telephone if you would like it might be easier to explain this to you that way.

Skyvisions
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician