Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

How do I check or put trans fluid in a 2005 Toyota sequoia

Customer Question

how do I check or put trans fluid in a 2005 Toyota sequoia sr5
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I assume that you have looked in the engine compartment for a traditional transmission dipstick and it cannot be found. Is this correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you haven't answered my question but the 20 dollar charge has been put on my credit card

In order to properly serve you, I need to know what transmission you have (out of the two different ones available). After that, I can answer your question correctly.

...If you cannot find the transmission dipstick under the hood, you have the transmission that Toyota feels the trans fluid never needs changed. The missing dipstick is done on purpose so people will not try to refill the transmission. This particular transmission is not to have the fluid changed, or added to. The fluid Can be changed, but, it requires two special service tools. One to introduce the new fluid into the unit, and the other to measure the internal temperature of the unit. Once the maximum fill temperature has been met, the fill procedure must stop, and the vehicle allowed to cool down until it reaches the fill temperature again. If you try to adjust the transmission fluid in your driveway, you are not going to get the right amount of fluid into the unit and you run a high risk of internal damaged thereafter.,