I. Silva
I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto mechanic
46707633

I have a 2004 Toyota Camry V4 and i recently was stuck in a

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Toyota Camry V4 and i recently was stuck in a flood for 15 min and was pushed out, i tried to hit the accelerator but it went down without resistence and my car went nowhere nor made a sound now it won't start and when i shake my exhaust system i can hear water swirling how do i fix this? Will i need a new exhaust or will it dry?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.

Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.

There are a few things that you need to do to get your vehicle ready to start.

1- make sure your oil dip stuck shows clean oil and at the right level.

2- open the air filter box and inspect the air filter ,make sure is not soaked in water.

3-remove your spark plugs and crank the engine to remove any possible water in the cylinders ,dry the spark plugs.

Do not worry about the water in the exhaust system ,it will come out when the engine starts.

Good luck.

Let me know.

Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the air filter box? And how do i dry the spark plugs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will my car start without the spark plugs plugged in?
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.

Sorry for the wait...

The air filter box is on the driver side in the engine bay ,is the big rectangular plastic box connected to the engine intake manifold with a fat hose.

I meant ,remove the spark plugs to allow possible water iside the cylinders to come out ...the engine will not run , just need to crank it two or three times for about 5.seconds and then put everything back to see if it starts.

Good luck.

Let me know.

Thank you.