Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Sir. 2000 toyota with the 4 cylinder engine. Timing Belt

Customer Question
Sir. 2000 toyota with...
Sir. 2000 toyota with the 4 cylinder engine. Timing Belt Broke. It this engine one of those that does not mess up the valves and such or not. My 1995 toyota was one that did not mess up valves if the timing Belt Broke. I was wondering?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/3/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech replied 2 years ago
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech

Your 2000 Toyota has a non-interference engine. This means the valves do not hit the pistons when the timing belt breaks. Make sure to check the water pump when replacing the belt. If the water pump bearings are failing, it will take out the new belt.

Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech