Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2000 Toyota RAV 4. Part # 17361G (Tube Air/Idle). Where is

Customer Question

2000 Toyota RAV 4. Part # ***** (Tube Air/Idle). Where is this located and what do each of the four hoses connect to?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

This is buried between the intake manifold and cylinder head. You have to remove the intake manifold in order to even see it, much less replace it. The hoses attached to the cylinder head and the intake manifold. Toyota doesnt provide a diagram showing where each attaches, but as you remove the intake manifold you will see them attached

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am too concerned about where the tube is located. I am going to relocate it to the firewall, but I still, really need to know where the hoses go to. That was the primary concern. Can you help me out with this?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
There is no diagram of the hose locations, but I know they go on the backside of the intake and the cylinder head. You will not be able to connect it without pulling the intake manifold to access the hoses no matter where you relocate it to.
If the part is bad and you just dont want to remove the intake to replace it, unfortunately that option doesnt exist. You still will need to remove the intake to get to the hoses on the backside of it and the cylinder head.