Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Okay so today a red eclimation popped up and a red car

Customer Question
Okay so today a red...
Okay so today a red eclimation mark popped up and a red car popped up on the gps. I immediately stopped, checked my oil, added oil. The icons are still on the dash and the gps what does this mean.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
9/20/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Toyota.

What year and model Toyota are we dealing with?

How many miles are on it?

How does the vehicle drive? Normally or is there a drive ability concern?

2005 Toyota Prius, it has about 176,000 miles on it. And when driving it it was pulsating when I stepped on the gas

Thank you. Have you had any work performed on the Prius recently? Has it been in an accident? Or did this just start all of a sudden.

No work and no accidents in the vehicle it just started today

Ok, are you near a repair shop that you trust to work on your Prius?

I also take it that as an Owner, you don't have a scantool in order to poll the computers and see what codes are stored?

The red triangle warning light mean that the computers "saw" a problem and stored a code. These codes would help tell us what the problem may be.

My dad has one he is going to use it to see what pops up but he won't be home until later tonight

Great! Please let me know what he finds.

Does this only charge once or is it a monthly thing? My father in law paid for this so I want to make sure it isn't going to charge him monthly

There is a monthly subscription service if you choose it or there is just a one time charge. I will forward this to customer service and make sure that it is just this one time if that is what you want.

please, thank you for all your help!

My pleasure. Has he been able to get the codes read yet? (just wondering)

Not yet he is almost back in town

Ok, Great!

Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu