Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER AS THE ONES

Customer Question

I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER AS THE ONES OTHERS ARE WRITTING ABOUT. AND YES , THE DEALERS ARE ALL SAYING THE QUOTE YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE TO BRING THIS TO OUR ATTENTION. YOUR THE FIRST. EVEN WHEN I ASKED , TO LOOK INTO THERE DATA BASE NATIONWIDE. NOPE , WE HAVEN'T SEAN THIS BEFORE. AND THEN AFTER HANDING OVER THE FEE FOR CHECKING THE PROBLEM ON THERE SCOPES. SORRY , NOTHING NO CODES SHOW UP ON THERE READINGS . BUT,THANKS FOR DONATION TO OUR HIGHLY TRAINED CIRTIFIED MACHANICS.WERE THE BEST IF YOOUR WOUNDERING. CIRTFIED... WE SEE YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE CLUSTER, BUT WHY?????? My question, SHOULD I OPEN UP THE CPU MYSELF?? To see if contacts are shorting?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
First, I need the 17 digit vin number of your vehicle so I can pull up the correct schematics.
Second, I dont see the actual problem you are having, described in your question, so please describe the exact nature of the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
were talking about a 2007 Toyota camry , vin no. 4t1be46k87u559272. The problem is the instrument cluster going crazy. the brake light and
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
abs light comes on same time, rpm gage flutters, then after a few minnets all is well again.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

There is a service bulletin out on issues with the cluster for erratic behaviour, but is only applicable if happening in sub-freezing temperatures. Resolution is to replace the ig relay and wiring harness with new updated one. I have attached the bulletin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your not even close to answering my question. I've been to toyoya three times for this problem and keep getting the same answer. " We know about the Insturment 2007 problems, but no code show up when we test your car". That's why I turned to you for help. When you go on line, type in 2007 instrument cluster problems you can see all the same commplaints. I figured you crew would have an answer to this by now. Toyota doesn't or do they seam to even try to find out. What gives??? I offered my car to them. And they refused.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THIS IS THE SAME ISSUE I'm HAVING WITH MY 2007 CAMRY. ANY SUGESTION WHICH PART I MIGHT START CHANGING FIRST, REMOVE AND TAKE APART. I'VE GOT SOME SKILLS. I'VE ALSO HAVE A 2005 CAMARY LE WITH NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's wed. 9:21 am p. t. any sugestons on my last comment ?
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay. I was called out of town this past week for business and could not respond properly.

I just want to make sure that you can still receive my answers before I continue... please let me know if you do receive this.. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still hear. Beat time to reach me is 8-130pm p.t. . Mon-Sat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about my spelling, I meant to say the BEST time to reach me is in the AM hours any day.

The repair for this is to replace the ABS ecu. The ecu and actuator come as an assembly or apart. The only part that needs to be replaced is the ecu as shown in this video.

I again apologize for the delayed response and hope that you know I strive to give Excellent Service.