Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2000 toyota corolla 1.8 and getting misfire codes

Customer Question
for 2 ,4 cylinders I...
I have a 2000 toyota corolla 1.8 and getting misfire codes for 2 ,4 cylinders I have switched the coil wires and the injectors around and still same codes. I dont no where to go from here?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
9/12/2015
Toyota Mechanic: scionking, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert

When you say you swapped the coil wires, due you mean the actual ignition coils, or the electricalconnectors

Do you have a scan tool to monitor any values?

Is this a hard misfire as in the engine shakes and barley runs because these cylinders not firing? or is it a random misfire that doesn't really effect engine performance?

Do you still require assistance? I see you haven't responded since you posted this.

scionking
scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert