Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 2012toyota sienna xle sliding door opens but does not

Customer Question

My 2012toyota sienna xle sliding door opens but does not close automaticly
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are setting with this fault here.In some cases this can be due to a fault with a pinch protection sensor that thinks something is in the way keeping the door from closing.I have seen this sensor fail on several other models in the past before and had to replace it.Having the fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers will help locate and correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.