Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

06 avalon check engine light vsc light and anti skid lights

Customer Question

06 avalon check engine light vsc light and anti skid lights are on replaced all coils and it still comes on and off
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

May I have the actual p-code that led you to replace the coils?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P0351
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

different expert here. There is either a wiring harness issue, bent or loose pin at connector or faulty PCM. I assume since it is not mentioned under things tried, that you assumed it was coil and replaced it without the required testing, which means the coil you replaced was actually good since the issue still exists.

I have uploaded the testing procedure. You need to follow it step for step, omitting nothing in order to find the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the coils tested and we found that one on the back side was bad and we went ahead and replaced all of the coils. The car was running ruff before and after replacing all the coils and spark plugs it is running good but the lite stills comes on and stays on for awhile and then goes out for awhile. When the lights are on the car is still running good. Please help this out.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, you need to do the tests I provided as either there is a wiring issue or ecm issue.
You need to check the wiring harness for the coils closely for any breaks, cuts, or chafing and then test them for continuity as described in the testing