Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2001 Toyota Camry 4 cyl. I believe I have engine

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2001 Toyota Camry 4 cyl . I believe I have engine cooling fan relay problem. My radiator is only 1 yr old. Everything has been changed except the cooling fans. It does come when the engine with the A/C on and the engine is at its normal operating temperature. Once I turn the A/C off the temp needle begans to rise above the half way point and it will continue to rise unless I turn the A/C back on. What do u believe is the problem?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. I see that you have been waiting for a response. Apologies for the delay. If the system is working properly, there should be power in the non-AC fan power wire. This would be the wire that is not white and black, that is the ground wire. Your power wire is probably solid Blue. The power for thsi wire comes from the FAN NO.1 relay. This would be the second fuse from the bottom on the fuse panel under the hood. there are 4 identical relays in a line, the FAN NO #1 relay is the one that is closest to a completely different relay. Mopving upward, you have the COPN relay, and then the HORN relay (these should be labeled under the lid of the panel. You can swap the HORN relay to the Fan relay socket and see if that cures the problem. If so, go to a Toyota dealer parts dept and purchase a new relay. Cooling fan relay failures are becoming rather common; it is highly likely you need a new fan relay (or, if there is power in the blue wire, and the fan does nto operate, you may need a fan motor)

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer