sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2006 Toyota Sequoia; with new shocks 1.5 yrs ago;

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Toyota Sequoia; with new shocks 1.5 yrs ago; but the air suspension doesnt seem to be flat... riding with back lower than front...
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

Assuming the system doesn't bleed down and the compressor doesn't run constantly I would first suspect a height sensor issue. A leak in the system could cause the rear to be low, but a leak is going to cause it to bleed down while sitting and the compressor to run excessively. If this isn't the case and there is no physical damage to any suspension components then I would suspect that the module is seeing an incorrect rear height due to an inaccurate or damaged height sensor. The height sensor is how the module calculates when/how much to raise and lower the suspension.