sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

BigBob! My husband was replacing our 2013 toyota sienna's

Customer Question

Hi BigBob! My husband was replacing our 2013 toyota sienna's dead aftermarket DVD player and after hooking up the wiring harness and testing the voltage all of the warning lights (power steering/abs/you name it) popped on and now the power steering isn't working...we've checked the fuses and don't see any that are blown and tried resetting the computer and that didn't help either...is it possible a fuse is blown without "looking" blown the way it is supposed to (according to the owners manual) or are we looking at a bigger issue here?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If all warning lights are on then you almost surely have a communication bus issue. It's definitely possible for a fuse to be broken and not look blown but if all warning lights are on it isn't likely to be a blown fuse. Fuses often power multiple items but there isn't a fuse that powers enough items to cause every warning light to come on at once.

I suspect something may have been accidentally connected to the communication bus. Did this DVD player connect to any existing wiring outside of a power or ground?