Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Greg, hope all is well with you! I've got a 99 RAV4 with…

Customer Question
Hello Greg, hope all is...
Hello Greg, hope all is well with you! I've got a 99 RAV4 with 154000 miles. I think it's the original clutch. When I let out on the clutch slowly from a stop(which pretty much only happens in first gear)I get this jumping from somewhere that I can feel in the pedal but it seems to be coming from the rear drive also. What do you think, is this a standard bad clutch or something else. Oddly I bought it with a bad miss and drove it 500 miles, I didn't notice the clutch problem until I replaced plugs and wires.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
9/1/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening.

It sounds like you know your way around cars. If you feel this "jumping" in the clutch pedal, then yes the clutch is going bad. Will you be performing the clutch replacement yourself?