Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have a 1994 Toyota Corolla, 1.8L with 423,000. I just

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Toyota Corolla, 1.8L with 423,000. I just replaced the ignition coil and dist cap. I initially replaced the plugs and wires BEFORE the ignition coil and dist cap trying to chase a problem when I accelerate. The car seems to struggle and make a loud/intense vibration when I try to accelerate quickly. Usually settles down around 35/45 mph. This was not a problem about 3 weeks ago when it seemingly started being very loud all of a sudden.
Any ideas what this could be? I was thinking about cleaning the throttle body and the EGR valve as these seem to be a common cause for issues like this.
Thanks,
High Mileage Toyota in NC
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With the amount of miles you have on the car its not a bad idea to go ahead and clean the throttle body as well as the EGR, I would also consider having the fuel injectors professionally cleaned as its likely they are very carboned up. If after doing so and the problem remains, then I would scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes and or codes setting. Check these thing for me and post back if need be and we can work from there.