scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

How do you get moon roof on 2006 toyota corolla matrix to

Customer Question

how do you get moon roof on 2006 toyota corolla matrix to close it is in open pos. now
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 2 years ago.

Try holding the close button for 30-60 seconds, this will over ride jam protection if it is a factory installed sun roof.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did not work moon roof did not move
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what should i try next it has power up to switch
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you still on ??
Expert:  scionking replied 2 years ago.

Yes....

Expert:  scionking replied 2 years ago.

If you tested power to the motor can you test power to the switch?

It may be mechanically bound, like some thing fell in to the tracks and jammed it up.

Expert:  scionking replied 2 years ago.

You could also remove the motor and see if it turns when hitting the button.

Also you can try manually pushing the roof down with the motor removed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have checked power to switch it has power in and power out when you try to close it does not have power to up and down it is all the way back in tracks need to get it closed befor i can try up and down
Expert:  scionking replied 2 years ago.

Try removing motor, motor acts as a brake to hold sunroof in desired location. when you remove motor, either the motor will spin and you sun roof is mechanically bound, or the motor will not spin, but you will be able to push roof to the closed position.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it looks like i will need to take front off over head if so how do i get the front over head losse i can get 2 bolts easy but the bolt on the back can not get to unless i pull over head down do you have a pic are brake down on motor that i can look at
Expert:  scionking replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is easier with head lined removed, if you have to, you can remove front pillar moldings and sun visors to drop head liner a little to have easier access to it. I will look for a picture of the motor.

Expert:  scionking replied 2 years ago.

Do you still require assistance if not please accept my answer, I'm here to answer more questions if need be.

Expert:  scionking replied 2 years ago.

Please accept and rate my service!!