Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

How do I replace the headlamp switch assembly 2006 Prius

Customer Question

How do I replace the headlamp switch assembly for a 2006 Prius
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 years ago.

First disconnect the 12 V battery and allow the car sit for 10 minutes. You will need to remove the airbag from the steering wheel. Make sure you do not have static discharge from your fingers ground yourself. There are two torque bits T 27th as I recall on either side of the steering wheel once the covers are removed unbolt the torque screws to the airbag and remove the SRS unit. There is a two-step electrical connector pop the back then pop the connector out of the SRS unit. Lay that face up in a safe place. Then remove the 19 mm nut from the steering wheel. Make sure your steering wheel is centered and mark it so you get it back on straight. You can use a puller but I normally just back the nut off about one turn then grab the steering wheel at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position and working back and forth and pull on it and it will pop loose. Remove the two halves of the steering column cover and lower steering column cover. Then you will see the three or four screws that hold the spiral cable onto the two switches. remove the spiral cable and disconnect the electrical connectors. This will then give you access to the headlight switch push down on the release tab and slide the switch out.

How are you making out with this headlight switch? Do you need any further information?