Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Have a 1990 Toyota Camry family owned since new with 113,000

Customer Question

Hello
Have a 1990 Toyota Camry family owned since new with 113,000 original miles
Power windows work on and off
Air con compressor cuts out now and then
Dome light does not work
Any ideas?
Thanks
Paul
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you.

On the Windows: Most likely, the driver door master switch assembly is the problem. Over time, the contacts under the switches (that transfer the power) wear out and no longer touch each other.

On the dome light: I would be inclined to think that the ground circuit for the domelight is suspect. This can be at the domelight itself, or at the individual switches on the door pillars

On the AC cutting out: I would initially suspects either an over-charge of an under-charge would be causing this.

We can look deeper into each issue if you desire.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HmmThank you. ***** answer is confusing "an over charge of an undercharge" what does that mean actually
I will try replacing the window master and check on the dome light problem
Thanks
paul

AN undercharge is where some freon leaked out. An overcharge is where the freon leaked out and somebody just added some without following the proper fill procedures (in other words, it is too full). There are protection circuits that shut the AC down when it is too low on refrigerant, and when it is overfull.

You are very welcome. Glad to help. If you need additional help on the windows or the other things, we can continue to diagnose. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated.