Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My toyota camry, it makes noise, very loud noise when Im

Customer Question
Hi, my toyota camry, it...
Hi, my toyota camry, it makes noise, very loud noise when Im overdrive in lower speed, say I slowed down then try to accelerate, it makes like a metal flipping noise. It doesn't hapen all the time, when I told my mechanic, he test drove it and it didn't happen.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
8/12/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. A metal flapping noise as you are speaking of could be a loose heat shield on the exhaust pipe of the catalytic converter. This is common for the nuts and bolts that holds the shields on to rust off. This allows the metal shield to vibrate at a specific engine RPM or at a particular speed. We take loose shields off quite often. The recommendation I have for you on this request is to return it to your mechanic. Have him inspect all of the exhaust shields for any looseness. If found to be loose, attach another bot and nut. If this cannot be done, remove the shields. You cannot buy new shields; they come with a new pipe (which is really expensive).

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert