Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I am having problems with my 2001 Toyota Sienna. The A/C

Customer Question

Hello, George, I am having problems with my 2001 Toyota Sienna. The A/C controls seem to not be getting power. A few days ago they worked on and off and now they won't come on at all. Any suggestions?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
With the controls working on and off previously in the past before they completely failed this sounds either like a loose connection at the back of the controls needing checked and corrected or the ac controller itself on the dash is failing/acting up causing this fault here.This will need checked/tested to locate and repair the fault from there.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no master relay that turned on the power to the climate control system? Cause there's no power, even the rear AC knob doesn't turn anything on
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Let me check and see with the info I have.Can you tell me if this is manual or automatic heater and ac controls?
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Automatic, here's a pic..there doesn't seem to be loose connectors, I unplugged them and reconnected with no change. No lights come on or anything else
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, the fuse box says there's a 5amp AC fuse but the connector I found doesn't have a fuse or even a connector on the back. I can't find another wire that will hook up to it either. See photos
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
The DOME and HEATER fuses look to be what powers up the controllers.I don't see a controller or relay that turn these on.Test and see if these fuses have power with the key on.If they do then there is a wiring fault between the fuses and the controllers.If they don't have power let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I checked for power on the two fuses
10amp dome in engine fuse box
10amp heater in interior box
Both show power on both sides. Are there just two fuses?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Those are the only two fuses that power both front and rear controls.If they have power but you have no power to the controls this indicates a wiring fault leading from the fuses to the controls needing located and repaired.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
could it be the AC panel itself? I have power coming through the wiring harness to several pins
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Most definitely.If you have the power and ground signals this can be the controller itself at fault which is more of the most common causes for this issue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Pete, so I ordered another ac controller and installed it today and it still doesn't come on, so what would you suggest?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I would have the wiring checked from the fuses to the control panel to see if any wiring issues are found as this will cause this issue here.
Thanks Pete