sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra. The drivers side door is shut

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra. The drivers side door is shut and will not open. I have broken into the panel and tried moving the rod attached to the handle up and down, but it has no effect. What can I do now?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!
Mos likely you have a failed latch. It's possible that a misadjusted striker or something foreign closed into the door could be preventing it from opening, but these things should have been apparent.
If neither of those is the issue and you're unable to open it by moving the linkage manually at the latch then the latch has failed and will need to be replaced. It will need to be broken up/dismantled until the pawl can be reached, rotated manually, the door opened and then the latch replaced.