Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota Pick up: I had no power to my 87 Toyota pick up. Put

Customer Question

I had no power to my 87 Toyota pick up. Put a new battery in, then realized it was the 80a fuseable link that was blown. Now the engine will turn and the lights turn back on but it will not start.
Any ideas?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 years ago.
Did you replace the 80 amp fuse? Did you check for 12 V to the fuses in the fuse block and are any of those fuses blown? Just to clarify you're saying the engine will not turn over or it will crank over and just not start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yeah all the fuses have been replaced. It originially would not turn over. Nothing would happen except the headlights would turn on. Now after replacing the fuses, all the lights work and the engine will turn over, but it will not start.
When you turn the key to the on position is the yellow check engine light illuminated? Did you replace the 80 amp fuse also? Did you check for ignition spark? Are you getting fuel pressure? Do you have 12 V to the EFI fuse? Do you have a voltmeter to check for voltage at the fuses?