Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Toyota camery hybrid: i relaced:on my toyota camery's, catalatic

Customer Question

i relaced:on my toyota camery's, catalatic convertor,both 02 sensors,mas sensor,sparkplugs,and the 4 ign coils, and the light comes back on
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please allow me to ask if your replacement parts were genuine Toyota parts. Also, please allow me to ask if the vehicle was scanned, and, if so, what codes were found that directed you to replace all of those parts? Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no tthe parts came for auto zone, and yes it a code of poo37,and say o2 sensor is bad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
toyota meckanic found the two sensors bad
A P0037 is indeed an oxygen sensor code, however, it is not the sensor part that is the problem. The problem, when we see a P0037, is an open or short circuit inside the 'heater' portion of the sensor. The sensors do not start transmitting signals to the computer until they reach 640 degrees. In order to get them to this temperature faster, a small electric heating element (not unlike an electric stove element) is incorporated into the base of the sensor. The computer activates this heater circuit when the engine temperature is below a specific temperature. This warms up the sensor faster, and makes the sensor work faster. If the computer sees no resistance on the heater element, it is seeing an open circuit. The light turns on. If it sees direct continuity, the light turns on. Now, with autozone parts, even though the sensor is new, the computer may not read the resistance of the new element coil. If it sees the wrong resistance, the light comes on. The recommendation here would be to replace the sensor AFTER the catalytic converter with a genuine Toyota sensor. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer