Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Pick-up: My high beam's don't always come on when I switch

Customer Question

My high beam's don't always come on when I switch to high beam..on my 1995 Toyota Pick-up.....have the last of the 22-re engines
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. It is common for the Headlamp Dimmer Switch to fail causing this problem. During problem at the dimer switch, check to see if the Red/Yellow wire has 12 volts on it with the switch in the high beam position. Jump the Red/Yellow wire to the White/Black wire, and check to see if the high beam lights illuminate. If they do, the dimmer switch has likely failed. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
-