Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2008 Highlander: My daughter's 2008 Toyota Highlander is blowing

Customer Question
My daughter's 2008 Toyota Highlander...
My daughter's 2008 Toyota Highlander is blowing warm air on driver's side and back vents but cool air on passengers side. She leaves for Florida Monday and doesn't have the funds to go to Toyota or a mechanic. Is there anything we can try?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
7/25/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I would recommend you open and drop the glove box down. On a panel behind the glove box opening is a rectangular plastic plate. Remove the plate. Behind the plate is the cabin air filter. If it is dirty or loaded with debris, your air flow quality would be compromised. This is easy to do. If the filter is heavily soiled, replace it. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and thanks for choosing Just Answer.
That did not solve our problem. It was only lightly dusty.
The passenger vent is blowing cool air but the driver's side is hot as well as back vents.
She has a heat mix door sticking open.
I am NOT satisfied b/c we are in the same situation as when I contacted you!!
I understand. However, if you have interior door problems (not seating and closing) you are not going to be able to rectify to this in your driveway. You asked what you could try and I gave you the information that is applicable based on experience with this issue.
True, but you also stated I would not be charged unless I was 100% satisfied with the answer.
You have not been charged according to my screen. The only way you incur any charge is to apply a positive rating. That is the only way you are charged and it is also the only way I get a small portion of that charge as my compensation for assisting you.
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Another expert here. Have you ever had the FREON level check?
Skyvisions
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician