Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Toyota Corolla: I have a 2001 Toyota Corolla. I had to replace

Customer Question
I have a 2001 Toyota...
I have a 2001 Toyota Corolla. I had to replace the battery and now the alarm system is going off and I can't start the car. Any advice how to turn the alarm off ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
7/24/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,
Sometimes on the toyotas you can turn the alarm off by opening the driver door and manually locking it, shutting the door and then unlocking it with the key.
If that doesnt work then the following will work:
Turn the key in the ignition to the on position, remove the negative battery cable, wait 60 seconds, reinstall the negative cable to the battery. The alarm will go on for around 60 seconds and stop. Now crank engine.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager