Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota corolla base model: , I just read your answer to Toyota

Customer Question

Hi, I just read your answer to Toyota corolla S for drive cycle to reset computer to pass emissions. I have a 2009 Toyota corolla base model 4 cylinder. I changed the battery about 3 months ago and it is in not ready status for emission test. I called another testing facility that repairs cars and he said 1/4 to 3/4 tank gas, drive it steady 55-60 for over twenty miles, let it sit overnight and drive locally city lower speeds. What is the best way to get it to reset. Thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Normal vehicle used over a 4 day period 90% of the time will address all monitor resetting. Would you like the steps for each? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I was not happy with your answer which I considered not helpful enough for $20. I know that normally a car reset after driving for a week or so but my problem is more difficult. I have 2009 Toyota Corolla that has failed three emission tests with Catalyst and Oxygen sensor “Not Ready”. All other components are ready. There was no check engine light ever for this car. I drive mostly highway and based on recommendation tried driving car 30 miles steady 55-60 mph which still did not reset it. I disconnected battery approximately March 2015 (all previous emission tests passed). I went for emission test 5/30/15 79353 miles, 7/17/15 80, 950 miles, and 8/8/15 81,575 miles (about 2000 miles since 1st test). What is the exact Drive Cycle recommended by Toyota for 2009 Toyota Corolla 4 cylinder to reset OBD Computer. Also what could be other causes for Catalyst and Oxygen sensor being “Not Ready” if engine light is not on, etc., I received info from another JustAnswer source that supplied aToyota bulletin for cars up to year 2002 (I am waiting for response to see if it covers 2009) thanks
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I will opt out so another you prefer can help you.