Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Corolla: I have a 1999 toyota corolla with a post factory alarm

Customer Question

I have a 1999 toyota corolla with a post factory alarm (with the valet button and a security+ fob/key combo). Since I changed a bad battery last week, the alarm trips itself at least once a day (usually after it has been sitting overnight when I am trying to leave for work). The fob because it doesnt work, so I always manually lock and unlock the doors. Any suggestions on making it stop doing this without having to disconnect the alarm altogether?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I suspect since the key fob itself is not working this is causing the alarm to set off like this here.I would have the fob tested to see if it needs replaced and reprogrammed to correct this fault here.
Thanks Pete