Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Camry: about shift solenoid e

Customer Question

about shift solenoid e
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Specifically, what is your question about Shift Solenoid E? Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, i have a toyota camry 98 LE and i scan my car, it said that the shift solenoid E is defected. This solenoid is behind the neutral park system????
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Shift solenoid 'E" is for the overdrive in the transaxle, or, better put ,for the lock-up torque converter to lock/unlock. If I were you, before I did ANYTHING else, would be to get a complete transmission fluid Flush. A Flush, not a drain and refill. Sometimes, old, dirty fluid or solenoids that have a lot of age & miles can result in sticky solenoids. A good and complete transmission flush, in conjunction with a transmission fluid conditioner additive will probeably clean and loosen the sticky solenoid valve. This is exactly what I recommend to my customers who come in with the Shift Solenoid E trouble codesIf you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'd like to where the shift solenoid e???? isn't behind the neutral park system?????
Shift solenoid E is inside the transmission; attached to the valve body. You need to drop the transmission oil pan to access it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, the shift solenoid E have to do with the odometer of my car???
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, the shift solenoid E have to do with the odometer of my car??? The VSS (vehicle speed sensor) was changed few weeks ago,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, the shift solenoid E have to do with the odometer of my car??? The VSS (vehicle speed sensor) was changed few weeks ago, but the the odometer does not respond
No. It has nothing to do with the odometer. Shift solenoid e is for the torque converter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hmmmmm.....if the car's odometer does't work, what could be the problem???
If the car's odometer does not work (but the speedometer DOES work), you need to replace the speedometer assembly. The odometer is not services seperatly from the speedometer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'd like to replace a part, but i don't if it's a solenoid, location, left hand front corner of the engine/transmission unit. Looks like it is attached with 2 bolts. let me send a picture
That will not fix the odometer. If the speedometer shows MPH of KPH, and the odometer does nto change, you need to replace the speedometer assembly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you know what's the name of the part in the picture i sent???
Need a better picture. The one you sent is way too small to make out any details.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how about this.....
That is not shift solenoid E. That is shift solenoid SL.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sooooo....the shift solenoid SL have to do with the odometer????
No. The speed sensor is the signal to the odometer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you know what's the part number of the Shift Solenoid SL????
Replacing this solenoid is not advised, unless you have an overdrive problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the car's solenoid SL is DAMAGED. i'd like to go a toyota deal so can i buy it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
*toyota dealer
The part numbers change from time to time. Just go to the dealer and give them your 17 digit Vehicle Identification Number. This way you get the right one, as there are 2 different transmissions for this vehicle.,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the only things i know that my car's transmission is Automatic
The numbers of the shift solenoids are different between the 2 possibilities of transmission. You VIN will tel lthe parts person which trans you have and that will assist in getting you the right parts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is this the part???
That is shift solenoid "SL".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can you tell me what's the part number/reference number????
85420-32110 about 100 dollars
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is the number of the solenoid??? NO.1, NO.2, NO.3
Shift solenoid SL is a separate unit from the valve body solenoids # ***** 2 and E. It has no numeric designation. The solenoids (where Solenoid E is one of them) are on the valve body inside the transmission oil pan and are is sold as a complete set. About 200 dollars.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello, how are you????? do you know what i part is this???? 85420-20110
That solenoid is one of the two solenoids that are attached the the transmission valve body. These two solenoids control the 1-2 and the 2-3 shifts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is something wrong, can you send me part number of the shift solenoid valve SL????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Toyota Camry 1998 LE VIN: 4t1bg22k1wu340933
(###) ###-####
Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.
Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer