Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Sequoia: My lever to release 2nd row passanger seat seems to…

Customer Question
My lever to release 2nd...
My lever to release 2nd row passanger seat seems to have broken. So I can't get the seat back up
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 day by:
7/12/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Your Toyota Guy, Certified Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician replied 3 years ago
Your Toyota Guy
Your Toyota Guy, Certified Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician
To get the seat back up the middle seat must be fully latched into the floor, if it is stuck in the floor and you are unable to reset it's position then look under the seat for a red tipped handle, that would be the emergency release move it to release the seat from the floor when it is a bad position and cannot be removed.
This is not the issue - it's the lever on top of the seat unlatches the seat to come up. It is broken. These seats do not latch into the floor this is a 2012 model.
When you pull up on the lever that normally raises the seat, does it resist at all or just flop forward easily?