Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Toyota 4 Runner, 4WD: . I have been having a lot of electrical

Customer Question
Hello. I have been having...
Hello. I have been having a lot of electrical trouble with my 1995 4RUNNER since I bought it used 3 years ago with 80,000 original miles on it. I think there is a power drain somewhere or a short, maybe? It has refused to turn over / start numerous times, and has left me stranded (again yesterday and this morning (ūüėí) I've had mechanics look at it several times, and replaced the alternator, starter, battery twice, removed the alarm with kill switch, repeatedly checked the battery connections, and I'm still having trouble. The dome light is also out, and only worked for one day when repaired. Thank you for any direction or advice!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
7/9/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Would you happen to have a 12 volt DC test light? We will need this to check for a drain.
No, I am at work at the moment.
See if you can get a test light and a 10 millimeter wrench. When you are ready we will do the test. It's really easy.
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician