Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Avalon: I am trying to locate the altenator fuse on my 2006

Customer Question
I am trying to locate...
I am trying to locate the altenator fuse on my 2006 Avalon. I think becuase the battery is getting absolutely no charge it mat between the alt and battery instead of the alt
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
7/8/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. There are actually 3 fuses that are part of the charging system. The ALT-S fuse, the AM2 fuse and the ALT fuse. The ALT fuise is a large fuse that does not look like the small colored ones in the fuse panel under the hood. The ALT fuse is a rectangular plastic object with a clear plastic 'window' that allows one to see the fusible wire inside it. If the ALT fuse is blown, it cannot be pulled out with your fingers; it is bolted in under the top of the fuse panel. The fuse panel needs tro be disassembled to remove the bolts that holds this fuse in place (they bolt it in because of the high current it carries). The AM2 and the ALT-S fuses are what carries the power back to the battery, more so the AM2 than the other. If all of the fuses are good, I would be looking at testing the al;alternator output. You just might have a bad alternator.If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer
Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert