Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 30+ years in automotive repair.
10906483

4Runner 4wd Limited: 2001 Toyota 4Runner 4wd Limited no pwer

Customer Question

2001 Toyota 4Runner 4wd Limited no pwer to a/c compressor
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dj replied 2 years ago.
The power for the AC clutch comes through the 10 amp GAUGE fuse.
The AC magnetic clutch relay is triggered by the Heater Controller.
I would check the 10 amp GAUGE fuse with a test light on both terminals. If they both light, the circuit has power and the fuse is good.
The relay is down by the glove box. You might have to take out the glove box to get to it. Try swapping the relay with another one with the same number to test it.
If it's not on the output side of the controller, things get much more complicated because then it's either the controller or one of the inputs to the controller. But let's hope it's the fuse or the relay.
DJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fuse is good and there is power to it. Removed the glove box and passenger kick panel, but I dont see a relay.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Added pictures of glove box and kick panel
Expert:  Dj replied 2 years ago.
My factory manual says it's at the lower left corner by the glove box. But I think it's wrong.
Check the fuse box under the hood. See if one says MG CLT. That's the one. It should be white or gray.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Attached pictures. Nothing under the hood or driver side with that description.
Expert:  Dj replied 2 years ago.
I'm stumped.
I'm going to put your question back into the expert pool. This should get you an answer quickly.
Please don't respond to this message or it will lock up your question.
DJ\