Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota tacoma: I can turn the heat knob all the way down but…

Customer Question
I can turn the heat...
I can turn the heat knob all the way down but it still blows hot air
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 5 days by:
7/7/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Most common to cause this fault here is the temp actuator on the heater box itself.It can stick on hot and not move to cold when commanded to cold by the controller on the dash.I would have this tested further to see if this is the cause here for sure and if found to be the fault it will need replaced.
Thanks Pete
Thank you for the reply. Is that a fairly easy thing to do myself or is it better to have a professional take care of it?
Pete, Auto Service Technician