Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota Pick Up: 77 Toyota pu; new alt, new ignition coil, new…

Customer Question
77 Toyota pu; new alt...
77 Toyota pu; new alt, new ignition coil, new volt regulator. Good battery charge. Charge light is on and flickers throughout drive. Sometimes it dims when accelerating. Any thoughts on what the problem might be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
7/1/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Ridgerunnerras, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Ridgerunnerras
Ridgerunnerras, Auto Mechanic
Hello I would like to help you
Please see the example circuit diagram below. now this is for a 1982 toyota but is should be real close.
Your alternator needs to have power on the field wire in order for it to start charging. I think that this may be where your issue is.
look for the green arrow on the 1st page.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84253656/2015-07-01_14-41-15.pdf
Ridgerunnerras
Ridgerunnerras
Ridgerunnerras, Auto Mechanic