Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Toyota corrolla: changing the water pump on a 1993 Toyota

Customer Question
hi changing the water pump...
hi changing the water pump on a 1993 Toyota corolla 4A FE 1600cc the new pump comes with one gasket and one o ring where does this o ring go I have looked and cleaned where the pump meets the block but see no grove for o ring to seat in
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
whats up
hi still waiting
heyyyy
7/1/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Hi, sorry for the wait. The o-ring goes between the water pump housing and the block. If you are only replacing the pump and not the pump with housing you will not need the o-ring. Copy and paste the link below for the workshop instructions.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/7n71zv7ldz9h5ck/water_pump.pdf
Let me know if you need anything else.
Marty
Marty
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician