Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Sequoia: 2002 Toyota Sequoia 91K mileage, First thing that…

Customer Question
2002 Toyota Sequoia 91K mileage...
2002 Toyota Sequoia 91K mileage, First thing that happened VSC and TRAC lights illuminated and stayed on for a while. After a turning the engine off and starting the next day it would be off. The check engine light would stay on so I decided to bring it to a mechanic shop here in my hometown and have it checked out. He cleared the ck engine light and advised me one of my catalytic converters was bad so i changed it out. Well it wasn't long before it started doing it again and he said the other catalytic converter was bad so I changed it. It wasn't long before the VSC and TRAC warning lights were coming on and blinking and beeping and then you would here a grinding noise which i would immediately pull over and stop, kill the engine and when i started it back up everything was fine. The other day my wife drove to town (30 miles) and before she got home it did it twice again but she would pull over and turn the ignition off and it would be fine for awhile. Reading on the internet it seems the diagnostic analyzer that was used may have caused my problems (Snap-On)?? I have brought it to a Toyota dealer where it sits today, and pointers? Mark
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/29/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
The converter replacement could of been valid since the check engine light was on. However his tool was not able to get the codes from the ABS module to see which most likely to blame wheel speed sensor was failing. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician