Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Camry: I have changed the master cylinder, brake pump, both

Customer Question

I have changed the master cylinder, brake pump, both brake calipers. Brake feels fine, but when I push the brake all the way down, instead if the trac taking over, all the brake lights turn on. What is next?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Wecome to Just Answer.Please allow me to assist you. When you press the brake pedal down, the Trac is not supposed to 'take over". The ABS is supposed to take over. The Trac only works on acceleration. Since the lights are coming on, my initial feeling would be that your accumulator is not developing sufficient pressure. This would have a good brake pedal feel, but, as soon as the pressure in the accumulator is lost, the lights will come on. A good scan tool should identify a code stored in the ABS computer Ib all honesty, yur next move to sort thsi out is a stop to a facility that can identify the DTC for the ABS issue. Once you have that information, the problem will be a lot easier to figure out. Without the code information, all we would be doing is guessing, and guesses (when wrong) cost needless expenditures of money
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. If you are satisfied with my input, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.