Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a Toyota Avensis 2.0 d4d 2004 and the problem is

Customer Question
Hi I have a Toyota...
Hi I have a Toyota Avensis 2.0 d4d 2004 and the problem is with cold start, Iv`e checked the fuel pressure at the start and it put 320bar then it comes down to 220bar and than its growing up to 360bar and the engine starts. Other thing is before it warms up when you accelerate it interrupts a little bit between 2300-3500revs, after it warms up its accelerating without any problems and it`s lot easier to start but it still turning little bit to long before it starts.
Victor
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 6 days by:
7/2/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a weak fuel pump causing this fault here needing replaced.I have seen low fuel pressure or fuel pressure issues due to weak fuel pumps cause this fault or fuel injection pump failure,I have also seen restricted fuel filters cause this fault needing replaced as well.
Thanks Pete