Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Limited d/c s/c tundra 4.7: i recently had my s/c 04 tundra…

Customer Question
hi i recently had my...
hi i recently had my s/c 04 tundra motor redone dud,to bent con rod. had evetything replace timing belt kit oil pump water pump pistons resrat valves ckeaning heads etc. after install we had misfire codes and went back in tofind cams were 80 degreesoff on exhaust side. redidit intall again and still same rough idle misfire codes also lean fuel code. lean fuel i wouldguess was from old fuel since truck been sittinh 5 minths but could i have bent valves from setting cam off
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
why would my truck shoot codes of mis fire only on bank 1and not 2
6/23/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info isn't showing if this is a zero tolerance engine but on most models if the timing is off enough this will cause valves to bend.I would have a cylinder compression test done on all cylinders to see if compression is low on some compared to the rest.If you find low or 0 compression on some the heads will need removed and the valves inspected and replaced as needed.
Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Auto Service Technician