Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Rav4 toyota: I have no idea if you can help me but I'm at a

Customer Question
I have no idea if...
I have no idea if you can help me but I'm at a stand still. My car died yesterday, called aaa they cane out bit couldn't diagnose the problem I had them just put a new battery in. It seems there is a humming noise coming from behind stering wheel area. Also auto magic starter and system is installed. Now without the keys in the dash boards are lighting up. I brought to mechanic and they ran a test and no numbers came up plus the locking mechanism isn't unlocking properly. Please help no idea what's going on and no one gets it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 day by:
6/24/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I have seen in several cases before where after market remote start systems when they fail or act up electronically can cause a no start issue as well as door lock issue.I would have it bypassed to see if this corrects the fault.If it does then it needs repaired,removed or replaced.
Thanks Pete
Pete, Auto Service Technician